From ReplayResourcesJump to navigationJump to search
|ROM||16 MB flash|
|Manual||See icomp wiki|
|Programming||See icomp wiki|
The cartridge described in this article is under constant active development - for recent news and data please check the icomp wiki.
the following mostly comes from the icomp wiki:
The following are the features of the FPGA core, for hardware features see below.
- C64 cartridge emulation (also see CRT_ID):
- 8 or 16 KByte (EP)ROM cartridges
- Action Replay
- Retro Replay
- Final Cartridge 3
- Expert Cartridge
- KCS Power Cartridge
- Super Snapshot 5
- Simons Basic
- Ocean type 1
- Super Games
- Epyx FastLoad
- Westermann Learning
- C64GS (system 3)
- Magic Desk
- Mikro Assembler
- Easyflash (write support through custom EAPI)
- Prophet 64
- MACH 5
- Business Basic (S'More).
- Freezer (compatible with Retro Replay). ROMs can be stored in onboard flash or read from MMC card (as .crt or binary files).
- VGA-output with 60 Hz refresh rate or more.
- Turbo function with full 6510 processor compatibility (incl. illegal opcodes).
- Commodore 1750/1764 REU emulation
- Size selectable from 128K up to 16 MB
- Can be combined with Retro Replay and Super Snapshot compatible roms
- GEORAM (memory expansion) with up to 4 MB RAM.
- MMC/SD card slot with MMC64 compatibility and optional MMC64 ROM emulation.
- FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 support, with sub-directories and long filenames
- Supports MMC, SD V1.1 cards as well as SD V2.0 in High Capacity mode (SDHC)
- Full 1541-emulation (2 Drives)
- supports D64 and G64 files
- 4 image files per drive can be attached and used in a fliplist
- Configurable ID
- Configurable ROM (1541II or custom)
- SID emulation with filters (Two SIDs are emulated with selectable filter characteristics and base address of 2nd SID).
- Connector for a PS/2 mouse (emulation of 1351 and Micromys).
- Connector for a PS/2 keyboard (Joystick emulation available on numeric keypad).
- Flexible freezer menu
- select, mount, create D64 images, browse disk images
- create new directories, delete files, copy files
- Ultra fast DMA load of single file programs (directly from SD / from a .D64 with automount and from a .T64 file)
- Built-in SID player; plays SID files on either 'real' SID or emulated SID.
- Built-in file-copier and disk (disk to d64) copier
- Configuration screen, with resident settings
- Machine Language Monitor
- Character, Basic and Kernal ROM replacement function
- Altera EP3C25 FPGA with 24624 LEs
- 16Mb Flash Memory
- 32Mb RAM
- VGA connector
- MMC/SD card slot
- Connectors for PS/2 mouse, PS/2 keyboard and IEC bus via breakout cable
- Battery-backed real time clock (CR-1220 battery not included)
- IR receiver for CDTV remote control
- Connector for RR-NET (MK2 needs a patch to work in standalone mode)
- USB link to a PC for debugging and data transfer
- Stereo audio output
Please understand that due to the nature of FPGA based hardware, many problems might get fixed with a firmware update at some point. For this reason we list only "persistant" problems here, like actual hardware bugs or long standing firmware bugs. For details please refer to the icomp wiki.
Software supporting special features
Listing software that requires one or another special feature only available on "modern" hardware and/or emulators, such as the Chameleon, 1541 Ultimate or VICE.
- bluREU by Crest
- NUVIEmaker v0.1e by Crest
- Limon REU wave player v2 v3.0d by Data
- REU Wave Player v1 (PoC) by groepaz
Note: 16MB REU is also implemented by the 1541 Ultimate and can also be emulated by VICE.
- Icomp Shop
- Icomp Forum
- Chameleon on icomp wiki
- Chameleon on c64-wiki.de (german) c64-wiki.com (english)
- A clockport for Chameleon64′s Minimig - blog post by lallafa